At the Commonside Trust we are keen to promote healthier lifestyles and to provide affordable exercise activities. We do this by hosting weekly classes in aerobics and zumba, dance, exercise for older people and table tennis. You can find full details on our ‘What’s On’ page.
Outside we have table tennis and a full suite of outdoor gym apparatus that is free for all to use.
We are also running a ‘Get Fit Stay Well’ programme for those with direct experience of mental ill-health and for this we are recruiting volunteer gardeners to work at the New Horizon Centre and at our allotment in New Barnes Avenue.
Our Community Café is open monday and friday, serving breakfast’s, salads and sandwiches at very reasonable prices.
Please contact Naomi or Lorraine for further information.
- To reduce local levels of obesity, heart disease and mental ill-health.
- To bring people together to produce, discuss and eat locally grown food.
- Project Dates
- Start date - 30 November 2000
- End date - 30 November 2000
- Main benficiaries
- All local people
- New Horizon Centre CR4 1LT
- Contact / Further Info