Step Forward Programme
This is a employment, training, finance & budgeting, information and support programme for people in Merton and Pollards Hill MOAT residents. The Step Forward programme supports over 100 households every year. The Step Forward team is headed by Jenny Allison who is supported by two part-time assistants and a volunteer. The programme’s mission is ‘to support residents to increase their confidence, knowledge and skills to successfully manage everyday living’.
Step Forward can offer support and advice to householders on many aspects of life, including:
- Learning – Want to go to college or train for work?
- Work – Help with applications, CVs and finding work.
- Money – Benefits and tax credits help and advice on debt management.
- Parenting – Help finding parent support, advice and classes.
- Housing – Homeless families support, bidding & housing information.
- Wellbeing – Help finding health services, healthy activities & safety.
- Environment – Home and property information and help.
- Community – Local area info, volunteering and things to do.
- Confidence – Making phone calls, speaking with services and joining in.
- Family Activities – Fun days, things to do and holiday activities.
- Little Chef – Wednesday term time 4.00 – 5.30 Contact Cheryl
Please note there is also a food bank which is open Wednesday and Friday from 11am – 12 noon
Call 020 8764 9582 and
dial 1 for the Parents Project or
202 for Jenny Allison
204 for Cheryl Giddy
- Project Dates
- Start date - 30 November 2002
- End date - 30 November 2002
- Main benficiaries
- Local people, MOAT residents. The local economy
- New Horizon Centre
- Pollards Hill
- Contact / Further Info
- Jenny Allison
- Programme Co-ordinator
- 0208 764 9582 x 202